Mail and CPU and fetching new mail in DP7

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by flinn69, Sep 4, 2013.

1. flinn69, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013

flinn69 macrumors newbie

Does anyone still have, in DP7, the problem with Mail where the application is hitting hard on the CPU and the hard drive/SSD, constantly working as the Activity window shows it.

Also, Mail often has problems to fetch new mail. You have to quit it and relaunch it to see the last mail suddenly appear.

In both case it happens on several Mac from different people but we all use Google accounts. The first problem was already there in DP1. ( see also this thread).

2. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Cool as ice here.

I wonder if this is Account specific? I use an Exchange server, gmail and yahoo... all working normally. Actually, the mail app has given me the least trouble all the way back to DP1.

There are some "refresh" issues when replying (quoted mail doesn't show) but that goes back to Lion for me.

Also, my mail is set to fetch every minute... not automatically. Mail will spike the CPU to 12% when it fetches but back down to nothing after that.

3. liv2wrshp macrumors member

I have the same issue. My iMac, iPhone, iPad are all in sync but my MacBook air that is on Mavericks is consistently out of sync. It's been this way since the last beta. One of the joys of being on a developer preview I guess.

4. rayhigh macrumors member

Same problem here with fetching mail on gmail. Quite annoying.

5. Daku93 macrumors regular

Was experiencing the first problem since DP1, was gone in DP6, but came back in DP7.
    The out of sync problem first happened in DP6 but is still present in DP7.

Only my Gmail account is affected.

6. JohnnyFlash macrumors newbie

Just another +1 here. All the versions have had a bad time with keeping in sync. I do use gmail accounts exclusively, but my machine still on 10.8 works great.