Mail and Exchange

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by nefan65, Jul 8, 2014.

1. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

So Mail is the other perpetual problem next to WiFi. Doesn't update properly, even if you take the mailboxes offline, online, synch. Delete an email, wait a bit, refresh, and it comes back.

I realize its a DP, but still. This and WiFi are pretty rudimentary items that should work fairly well from release to release. It's not like Exchange is brand new?

2. patrikr macrumors member

I was just thinking of posting a post like this. Seems like Mail doesn't download new email bodies properly, when you move a mail to a folder it doesn't seem to sync and rebuilding the mailbox doesn't seem to help.

On the other hand, calendar finally works! :)

3. nefan65 thread starter macrumors 65816

nefan65

Oh good! I didn't know if the Calendar issue got fixed or not since I did an in place upgrade from DP2 to DP3. The trackpad issue is better too. But now this mail issue cropped up, and I can't test as a daily driver as I had hoped. It was fine in DP2, so I don't know what happened...?

4. patrikr macrumors member

I did an upgrade from DP2 to DP3 also and where Calendar didn't work in DP2 it just magically started working after the DP3 upgrade.

I tried removing the Exchange account and recreate everything but the problem with Mail remains. Guess it's a bug that hopefully will get fixed in DP4.

5. nefan65 thread starter macrumors 65816

nefan65

Ya, I'm just letting it sit until DP4. I removed Exchange and re-added the account, and Mail just sits there trying to load an email into the preview window [Loading... with the spinning wheel]. I got frustrated, and said forget it. Its obviously broken from DP2, so no sense beating a dead horse...

6. ArmanUV macrumors member

In the Keynote, they mentioned that they have rewritten the the backend of Mail, so it makes sense that some bugs exist in DPs.
    I just hope that by the final release, Exchange will work as well as Outlook 2011, because Mail in 10.6-10.9 cannot handle a busy Exchange account without crapping out every 5 minutes.

7. patrikr macrumors member

Mail and Exchange works a lot better in DP4. I did remove/add my Exchange account just to ensure that the settings were "clean" and now when I move mails etc it's reflected in other clients. Overall DP4 seems a lot more solid as Lync now works as well.

8. nefan65 thread starter macrumors 65816

nefan65

Better...

It downloads and updates properly now. However, it crashes often. At least 3 - 4 times in an 8 hour session. So they still have work to do.