Mail and Gmail?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OCSpersonel, Jun 20, 2009.

1. OCSpersonel macrumors regular

I recently converted all of my e-mail accounts to gmail just so i could use Mail. I have had problems with my contacts trying to send me emails and me sending them. mainly with other Gmail users. is this mail or is Gmail not worken right? my contact who also uses Gmail says he has been having problems as well

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

hmm, i just did the auto setup. that might be a problem, but that still dosnt explain my clients issue with gmail so that makes me still think its something within the servers.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Yup.. don't do the auto...... it doesn't use the imap by default.

5. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

so might that be my problem? IMAP is recieving right?
    how do i fix, im the preferences right?

6. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

also, iv checked Gmail and the messages arnt even getting that far

7. cuestakid macrumors 68000

OP:
    Did you go back and use the settings that angelwatt showed you? Those steps are the best way. The other thing you have to check is to make sure that in your gmail settings you are set-up for IMAP. To do so log into gmail, go to settings and then click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP POP/IMAP settings. In the IMAP portion make sure it is enabled. If you follow these instructions it should work

8. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

i havent been with my MacBook today so ill try these steps when i get home tonight and get back here, thanks

9. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

alright, i converted my accounts to imap so we will see.

not sure though, like i said i dont think its as much mail as gmail, any know issues of emails getting lost in the servers?

10. hndn macrumors regular

Thanks for the link, it works for me.
    I have a free yahoo mail & want to forward all emails to gmail. I want to be able to use macmail (gmail) to send out email as yahoo.
    I need help please.
    & by the way, on the left of mac mail, RSS & email address are hard-coded???

Attached Files:

11. OCSpersonel thread starter macrumors regular

in gmail, it will do that, then within Mail, you can send it from a different server (yahoo!)

but thats alot of configuration to use yahoo with mail, why not just convert to gmail?

*i believe you can also configure the send settings within gmail itself, not sure if this extends to mail