Mail and HTML signatures.

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by FoxMcCloud, Jun 22, 2016.

1. FoxMcCloud macrumors 6502a

Hi guys

Can anyone confirm wether Mail allows HTML signatures yet (either raw code or a .html file)?

Currently you have to mess about to no end just to get one. I love mail app but am forced to use Thunderbird for my work email just to get signatures easily because I refuse to jump through hoops to do a simple thing.

I pray to the great apple in the sky that improved signatures will come one day lol

Cheers!

2. niji macrumors 6502a

niji

hi
    i feel your pain.
    i have a question: to get HTML signature now, is it possible to just put in something like an emoji which forces the sig to be html?

3. d4gli macrumors member

d4gli

just as usual...
    create a dummy signature and replace it's content with your html signature.
    Its located:
    with active iCloud: ~/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~mail/ Data/MailData/Signatures/
    without iCloud:~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Signatures

Cheers

4. MacGizmo macrumors 6502a

MacGizmo

If I had to bet everything I own, I would bet that Apple will never build-in simple HTML email functionality.

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Try what you want to try but remember that what message recipients see most often depends on the client they're using and how it's set up.

6. d4gli macrumors member

d4gli

I can see that there's a needing for html signatures (like our company which require this | dooo!)
    I personally prefer text only mails - so I can read this on terminal with "mutt".