Mail and microsoft exchange activesync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bcburrows, Aug 29, 2009.

1. bcburrows macrumors 6502

bcburrows

If anyone can help

My iPhone receives push mail from my work email instantly through exchange active sync set up - uses a webmail account

However try as I might I can not get it to work on my mac
    I have snow leopard installed but still can not get it to work
    Very annoying as it works on the iphone but not the macbook pro

Thanks

2. jabooth macrumors member

Snow Leopard Mail.app and 'Push' exchange email?

Exactly same here mate... I'm confused, I'm presuming that mail.app in Snow Leopard should be 'Push' email with an Exchange 2007 server, right? Just allowed it to auto detect settings, and all works beautifully...but still only pulls messages.

Can someone clear this up?

3. angelkalel macrumors newbie

angelkalel

Snow Leopard Mail.app missing Push for Exchange

Same here.
    Configuring the account for Exchange 2007 is really easy and I think that when everybody knew that Snow Leopard was going to "fully" support Exchange the obvious was that PUSH was going to be a part of it, but is not!!!

My account works with Exchange Push on the iPhone, Outlook and even Entourage!!! but not with Mail... Unbelievable!!! also the lack of having the option of "not mark messages as read" is another no no. :mad:

4. bcburrows thread starter macrumors 6502

bcburrows

5. jabooth macrumors member

Seriously, find it hard to believe that only 3 of us are miffed about this...

can anyone else shed any light on it? Is it just a limit of Exchange Web Services?

6. axPoindexter macrumors newbie

axPoindexter

Is your business using Exchange 2003 or 2007? As far as I know Snow Leopard is only going to work with Exchange 2007. I set Apple Mail, Calendar, and Address Book to work and everything is moving flawlessly across each program from our Exchange 2007 server. It was one of the easiest and fastest setups/imports I've ever done! And everything I do on the Apple PUSHES back. I don't know what the rest of you are experiencing - maybe your IT department needs to open something up?

So, first check to see what version of Exchange you're on....hopefully 2007 with Service Pack 1.... http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3748

If 2003, then you're going to have continued difficulties, if 2007 come on back here.

7. angelkalel macrumors newbie

angelkalel

I can confirm that in my case my account is in Exchange 2007 with the latests updates (Mailbox server Microsoft Exchange version: 8.1.240.0)
    Like axPoindexter said the configuration of the account went flawlessly... no issues there...

But really axPoindexter haven't you notice that if you set the "Check for new messages" option to manually you will not be getting any emails?... or if you have this setting set to manually and you receive emails could you share your settings?

So, the issue remains...

8. Ostinsfriend macrumors newbie

My company use 2007 and I have mail setup with exchange on both my iMac and MacBook. I have the opposite problem in that I can't get exchange setup on the iPhone or iPad. I can set them up as imap on each device which means I have to mark the messages read and to not send from those devices or the mail won't be filed in sent items in the physical macs.