Mail App Adding 2 Inboxes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Jun 12, 2008.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

I use gmail, and in mailapp under MAILBOXES it will have the Inbox, and then below that all my gmail email addresses..but below that section theres REMINDERS, EMAIL1, EMAIL2, EMAIL3 listed with arrows in big letters. how do I remove the email inboxes below reminder? When I click the arrow on 1 of the emails below reminder its like this

>EMAIL 1
    >[Gmail]
    >All Mail
    >Drafts
    >Sent Mail
    >Spam
    >Starred
    >Trash
    >Trash

this is just an example, but I have 3 of those under the ">Reminders"

how do I remove these and keep them under "Mailboxes"

2. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

email addresses are blurred out
    [​IMG]
    tryin to remove the emails below "Reminders" because they are some of the same inboxes that are above !

4. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Did you import mailboxes from gmail? I think the white looks like it's for an import. It looks from the location like these are mailboxes on your mac instead of on the gmail/other servers (hard to see), in which case you can just delete them if they're duplicates. Just select the mailbox, and under mailbox choose "delete mailbox." I'm not sure if this is what you're asking?

5. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

Below "> REMINDERS" there are 3 mail boxes. 1 of them is opened which u see the down arrow and the other 2 are closed. I'm trying to delete EVERYTHING below "Reminders" but it doesnt let me! Right clicking the mailbox name is not even possible, only when I open up the mailbox by clicking the side arrow which makes it become a down arrow and then it lists Gmail and everything below that. But when I right click Gmail and select "Delete Mailbox" I get this

"ERROR

the IMAP command "DELETE" failed with server error: internal folder cannot be deleted. (Failure)."

so I can't delete it??.. is there any way to hide it :confused:

6. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

7. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

Its something to do with IMAP and Gmail, I have the same thing

8. websyndicate macrumors regular

This is driving me nuts I cant stand it. I don't know what to do dang it. They just reappear like not ever happened. Anybody do you know how to fix this Reminders issue

9. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

still have not been able to fix this, if any1 does or knows how plz let me know

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For the Sent folder, you need to click on it, then select Mailbox > Use This Mailbox for > Sent. Then do the same with each of the others. You'll still have the All Mail and Starred down below, but the others will appear in your Inbox, Sent, Trash, Junk above.

Attached Files: