Mail.app always ask for sending account address

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MasterOfUnivers, Aug 10, 2010.

1. MasterOfUnivers macrumors newbie

Hello.

I'm having this problem for a while now and did not find any topics about it on the net. If it is handled some other place already, the link, or way to find it would be nice.

I'm using mail.app with 5 different accounts at work. Different accounts are supposed to be for different groups of receivers. When sending mails I unfortunately tend forget to check if the right sending address (account) is chosen. Mail automatically chooses the one from which the last mail was send. And so it ends up that people receive mails from the wrong address and are getting confused by that.

Is there a way to make Mail always ask (some kind of pop up window, or so) from which account I would like to send the mail. After I pushed the sending button.

Thank you for your help.

PS: If the internet connection is disrupted for some reason such a window appears asking me which server (and therefor account) I would like to use. Edit the email, or telling Mail try it later again are the other options.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Preferences>composing>send new messages from>account of selected mailbox. That should cover it I think.

3. MasterOfUnivers thread starter macrumors newbie

This is the setting that it has now. Which automatically chooses the account of the box where the email was received. A useful feature for answering. But on creating a new email not. There, this option makes Mail to choose the last account from which an email has been send.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Sorry I misunderstood.I'd think it would be possible to activate the drop down list with a script. You may already know this but as a visual reminder if you go to composing prefs, mark addresses not ending with , and delete whatever's in the box,when you do new message the from field will be in red (or other colour if you wish).Not much help I know but maybe better than nothing.I had trouble with it reverting to all my accounts if left blank but putting .nom or some other meaningless thing in cures that.

5. MasterOfUnivers thread starter macrumors newbie

No problem for the misunderstanding, happens.
    The advice with the marking addresses might help. I give it a try and see how much attention I will give it, thanks.