Mail app and Hotmail..

Tommie Montana

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
It works fine to receive, but how do you send with it?

I can send fine if I use my gmail server, but then the receiver thinks I sent it from gmail (duh). I don't want that, because that's my personal mail, hotmail and yahoo are for all the registration and msn.

The Stig

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
On the track
I'm waiting and hoping that httpmail will release a version for 10.5!! I hope so. I re-mailed the guy who made it and asked him about it. I hope he e-mails me back with good news.

The Stig

charmin

macrumors member
Dec 25, 2005
W. London
It works fine to receive, but how do you send with it?

I can send fine if I use my gmail server, but then the receiver thinks I sent it from gmail (duh). I don't want that, because that's my personal mail, hotmail and yahoo are for all the registration and msn.
In your GMail Accounts settings, you can add extra "From" addresses. Then, in your Apple Mail Accounts settings, edit the e-mail address you've set for the account. Change "name@domain.com" to "name@domain.com, name@hotmail.com". When you next compose an email in Mail, you'll see a drop-down of From addresses

aghasham

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
Instructions to get Hotmail to work on Mac Mail for Leopard!

First preferences (under MacMail) then go to add account ...and then

Account Information.....
Incoming Mail Server: pop3.live.com (obviously you must have WindowsLive hotmail)

User Name: email address
Password: Password

Then go to advanced settings...

Port: 995 check "Use SSL"

Authentification: Password

Hope this helps.....

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
I've just updated all my stuff to my @mac email and my webmail email as I'm trying to phase out my Hotmail one.

Hotmail sucks, I wish I had never got an account.

Pity I have to have an account for MSN Messenger since Apple doesn't want @mac users using that email on MSN Messenger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.