Mail app and inline attachments

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Big D 51, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

Hi,

I tried goggling my answer, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for. Is there a way to make the an attachment of any kind attach to the e-mail rather than sticking it in the body of the e-mail? This make sense? I goggle some information, and came across entering "defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool true" into terminal would do so, but it doesn't. Maybe I was misunderstanding what this code was suppose to do as well. This code did make my pdf's quit posting as an image and just insert the file icon; however, it is still located inside the e-mail's body.

Thank you.

2. Big D 51, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

Big D 51 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

I swear I tried that but will try again once I get back to the computer. Thank you for the input.

-------- EDIT

I think this is my answer "The reason that some files are displayed inline is that the email client recognizes the attachment as a MIME-type that it can display. This is controlled by the individual email client and not by the sender". I guess if it bothers me too bad, I need to find me an email client that handles them different. I guess I'm use to outlook/ windblows on my work computer.