mail app automatically populating old computer user name as my name for emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lowenbrau, Nov 11, 2008.

1. lowenbrau macrumors newbie

I'm trying to overcome a little glitch in the mail program on my brand new (November 08) macbook (running the latest software). When I first set up the computer I set it up for the mail program to run through my gmail account. However, I accidentally had 2 spaces in between my first and last name as my original computer username, so my email account reflected that and identified me by that name, with the 2 spaces in between instead of the normal 1 space. Even though I corrected my user name in the computer settings, and have deleted the old account, when I try to reinstate the account it still wants to put 2 spaces in between my first and last name. It is annoying, seeing the gap in my name just really bugs me.

Any ideas how to correct this? Also when I delete the gmail account and then go to add a new account, it automatically populates for that gmail account (as well as the name with 2 spaces). How could I make it totally forget that it was ever programmed for an account and start from scratch? I'm baffled, thanks!

- lb

2. lowenbrau thread starter macrumors newbie

nevermind, changed the name in address book

Found address book and changed the name with the gap in there, problem solved. I don't have much experience with macs.. Thanks!