Mail App Broken on Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by ghsNick, Apr 30, 2015.

1. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

So how do I choose which Mailbox to view on the Apple Watch?

It only wants to show All Mailboxes or the One Mailbox I select.

Is there a setting like the iPhone to go into a certain Mailbox and then go back to view all?

Right now my 4 Mailboxes are showing all my Mail and they're all mixed together.

I'd like to view one at a time of possible.

2. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

Mail App Broken on Apple Watch?

I'm not sure it's broken so much as limited in features. Unfortunately it does seem that you can only select one mailbox or all of them together. This isn't a bit deal to me as I tend to prefer that view, but I have my own gripes about the mail app. I don't like the fact that you have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the message to get the option to delete the message, nor do I like the fact that you can't create a new message or reply to an existing message either.

There's a lot of room for improvement in the mail app and hopefully that will come with the next version of the watch app.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

By default hey come over from the Notification settings on the iPhone. You can choose custom by selecting Mail from the My Watch tab of the iPhone Watch app and choose to receive audible or haptic notifications per email account or for VIPs. You can also choose to see specific folders of the mailboxes. Lots of options in there.

4. staked macrumors newbie

You can use force touch at any time in the message to get the trash/archive option.

5. BrettDS macrumors 6502a

You're right, in the mail app you can force touch... That's convenient:).

Apparently it's just when you get a notification that you have to scroll all the way down to to the end of the message to get the option to trash it. Unfortunately I deal with emails more as a notification than in the app.