Mail app - can't save a draft

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dimwhit, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

For whatever reason, I can no longer save a draft message. I get a message from Mail that says, "can't save draft message" or something like that. Whether it's manually hitting the 'Save as Draft' button or waiting for Mail to do an auto-save...both fail.

I thought it might be a permissions issue, but repairing permissions did nothing, as I suspected. But it's almost like Mail doesn't have permission to write to the draft folder.

Anyone have an idea what I can try?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Well I know there's settings for saving Draft on server or keeping it local. Maybe if it's set to save on server, the email host may have changed something to handle drafts differently. Worth giving a look see.

3. Mhanigan macrumors newbie

Save As Draft Option

I'm also having problems with saving an email as a draft in Mac mail. The "Save As Draft" option is non-selectable (ie: grayed out) so the only Save option is just "Save", which does nothing. And just exiting out of the "draft" or email, doesn't automatically save it either.

Any suggestions?

4. boomerlight macrumors newbie

"save as" grayed out in mac mail

I'm having the same problems. Once I upgraded to Lion, I suddenly lost the ability to save drafts of emails. This is an essential piece I need for an email client . . . Apple, what happened? Anyone know what's going on with Mac Mail (5.1)?