Mail.app constantly loading Mailbox!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MagicTramp, Jul 31, 2009.

1. MagicTramp macrumors newbie

I HAD Gmail and Mail working perfectly, until i sent an email too "large" for someones Yahoo inbox.
    All **** broke loose, ended up starting from scratch. Have done now 10 times.

Everything seems to be working fine, i'm getting emails through etc. But, next to my Gmail mailbox is the constant loading circle; either the Pie or the Spinning spokes thing.

The loading circles change every time i open Mail, although they are CONSTANTLY there and won't budge -

[​IMG]

and this -

[​IMG]

What does this mean? Im so frustrated because i had Mail up and running fantastically before the attachment mishap, now its refusing to go my way. It functions fine from what i can tell, just the loading circle (both instances) is getting on my nerves!

2. oculus42 macrumors 6502

POP or IMAP

If you reloaded your GMail account and have lots of mail, it could take quite some time for all the old messages to be downloaded to the computer.

What does the Activity window say is happening?

3. MagicTramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Absolutely nothing. Thats the weird thing. The loading just gets stuck, or seems to start then fail, or something. Either way its just not nice to see the loading circle sitting there, regardless as to whether i'm receiving any emails.

Any suggestions?

4. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

same thing happened to me this morning...

5. MagicTramp thread starter macrumors newbie

Mike, have you still got the problem?
    Or have you sorted it?

6. netddos macrumors regular

7. guitar486 macrumors newbie

I have just experienced this same problem, starting last night. Not sure what is going on I don't think I did anything to trigger it. I'm gonna try a reboot but somehow I don't think that will work. Hopefully apple comes to the rescue, I can't run the mail app anymore without completely hogging my network.

8. guitar486 macrumors newbie

Everyone who's had this problem should post which email service they are experiencing the problem on. Mine is a Gmail account. Who knows, maybe it has something to do with it.

9. kjfoto, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

kjfoto macrumors newbie

Same problem with a twist

I'm having the same problem. The crazy thing is that the happens on my iMac, but not on my MacBook Pro. My Gmail account had been fine on both computers until I tried to add my wife's Gmail account to Mac Mail on the iMac. At that point, I started getting The same problem described by the OP. Even after removing my wife's account from the iMac, the problem persists. The MBP has never been affected. Would love to get this resolved.

10. crelis macrumors newbie

I had the same problem with gmail inbox. I deleted the account from mail.app and added it again. It's fine now.