Mail app continues to sign me out

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Helo2050, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Helo2050 macrumors member

Originally my mail app was fine. Then at some point it started to mess up, now it is almost useless.

The problem is that every so often it signs me out of Live Mail (aka Hotmail) and I know I have everything set up right. Like I said, before this was all working FLAWLESSLY.

So I said, ok wow that sucks, at least I have Gmail. Now Gmail is messing up. It won't let me send email OUT using Gmail or Live Mail. I have reinstalled my os and everything in hopes of fixig this. I have osx. I've already made the changes to live and gmail to allow pop3 and such.

[​IMG]

2. Helo2050 thread starter macrumors member

3. Salmar macrumors regular

Yeah I get that happening to me too every once in awhile. I try the different servers and it's still a no go. In fact just yesterday I got that message along with a box to enter my password. Mail just goes haywire once in awhile but then it clears up and everything works well again. It's an on and off thing I notice. What seems to help is when I am in the inbox I click on "Mailbox" in the menu bar and in the drop down box click on "Rebuild." I use gmail and also AOL email and the problem happens with both. My ISP does not provide email service, and don't ask me why, so I am forced to use gmail and aol mail in the Mac mail. :(

4. Helo2050 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah it asks for my password every 30 minutes or so too. I was using Postbox but they charge now :mad::mad:

5. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

It happens to me occasionally
    From what I understand it is a server access issue and not something with Mail

6. Jackyl macrumors newbie

I don't think it is a mail problem but one with you IP