Mail.app coses after opening

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macthetiger85, Sep 5, 2008.

1. macthetiger85 macrumors regular

My Mail app is closing after opening, I open it, it stays for 1 second, disappears and then the Apple error dialog appears (do you wish to report, ignore, relaunch) So I tried restaring the macbook, nothing, tried reporting it, relaunching it, took out all of my plugins - nothing.

I'm about to kill my macbook.

I would reinstall the app but my install DVD is in Baton Rouge and I'm in Chicago due to having to evacuate from a hurricane or something.

Arggggg - HELP!

Running 10.5.4 - latest version of Mail (can't tell you exactly - doesn't turn on fast enough for me to see) on a 2.16 GHz Macbook with 2GB ram

2. glasserp macrumors regular

I had this same exact problem a couple days. From what I understand (and there's a good chance I might be a wrong) there's some kind of HTML that doesn't get along so well with Apple Mail (what I gathered from an article). I believe the culprit was an email that just popped up in my inbox. If you open Mail while holding SHIFT, then it opens the application with out loading any mailboxes (or accounts?). I just deleted each message in my inbox one by one until I got rid of the troublesome message. This wasn't a big deal for me as I had 5 messages in my inbox and if I had to could login to my school mail account to read them without downloading them again. Hope this helps!

3. macthetiger85 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey it worked - I didn't have to delete any messages - all I did was hold down shift - got my email etc.

I tried to close it and reopen it - it stayed open - good news!

Thanks a lot.