iPhone Mail app Crashing

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by AlphaDogg, Dec 24, 2013.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I've installed basically nothing, just flux, pandora downloader, and tetherme. Any ideas how to fix? It's an AT&T iPhone 5 on 7.0.4.

2. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I decided I'm just restoring and setting up as new. I haven't ever set up my iPhone as new since I got my original iPhone, so it might be time. I'll be using iBackupBot to transfer my messages, message attachments, camera roll, and contacts to the "new" phone.

3. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

the easiest way is probably to uninstall your tweaks one by one until the mail app is functioning again

my hunch is that pandora downloader is causing the problem since no one seems to have this problem for those using f.lux and tetherme

4. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

The problem actually existed before I installed pandora downloader. Either way, I'm restoring.

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

alright, that's probably the easiest method since the window to restore and jailbreak is still there

6. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

"Fixed" by just restoring or restoring and re jailbreaking ?

8. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Restoring, setting up as new, transferring my camera roll and sms.db file as well as 8gb of SMS attachments with iBackupbot to a new backup file, restoring to that backup file, then rejailbreaking.

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Cool.

I asked because anyone else possibly have the 'mail' issue now knows they can fix this without having to just going back to stock.

10. vols macrumors regular

I had to do the same. I removed all my tweaks that did not pertain to Cydia, but still a no-go on opening the mail app. Restoring to factory (and backup) I go...again. I'm done with JB until I read on here that Mobile Substrate has been updated, though I am tempted to jailbreak and let it update itself without installing any tweaks...