Mail.app Custom Stationaries Freeze Up

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bpetruzzo, Mar 11, 2010.

1. bpetruzzo macrumors regular

I've been trying to create a few very simple stationaries in the Mail.app. Basically just some text that I often have to send over and over again replacing names and urls and such. I have been trying to create some custom stationaries to make this process easier, but as soon as I click on one of the newly created stationaries the message window locks up. It never displays the stationary. I'm still able to close it and it still asks if I want to save the message, but I can't actually do anything in the window.

The default stationaries all work fine. The custom ones always lock up.

Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? It's very frustrating.

2. bpetruzzo thread starter macrumors regular

3. RhettMcMullen macrumors newbie

Freezing issue after accepted install

I am having the same problem.

I have created custom mail stationary before and it installed and worked fine. I recently put together another stationary and it lets me install it but as soon as I accept the installation it freezes the pop-up mail window and just shows a blank email window.

I've tried changing the UUID, edited and placed everything in one of my working templates and still having the same problem.

Anyone know or have an idea of whats happening and how to fix this issue? I need to finish this template for a client ASAP.

4. Mactroopers macrumors newbie

I am having this same issue.

Anyone? ...anyone?

5. mebrow macrumors newbie

Stationery got me, too. I tried a little template with one picture and some text. When I saved as stationary, the program freezes. Then I get the "unexpectedly quit" window. Choosing the option to report to Apple, it tells me it can't be submitted, try later.

Back in Mail, now it freezes just when I click on the Stationery button in a new message. Hmmmm... Wonder why this has not been addressed.

6. skuid87 macrumors regular

I'm having the same problem and it's infuriating!

The custom stationary saves just fine but when I start a new email and try to select the custom stationary, nothing happens.

I'm on OSX Lion btw. Is this a bug that needs to be fixed in Lion? I don't remember having this problem is Snow Leopard!