Mail App deleted :S

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jciapara, Aug 6, 2009.

1. jciapara macrumors regular

I think I accidentally deleted the Mail App on my iMac, I came back today from Work and I tried opening the Mail app, and a question sign appears on the Icon, I tried locating the app using spotlight and manually searching for it on the Applications folder, but no luck.

I think I might have accidentally deleted the App. Any suggestions on what to do? Is there a way to download it? Did I lose all my mail? or just the App?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Regards,

Julio Ciapara

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Download Pacifist and extract the Mail package from your OS X install disc.

3. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you

Thanks, it worked.

4. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Hanging, Crashing

Hey, I got the Mail app back, but now is hanging every 10-15 min when it gets mail so I have to force quit it. I tried repairing permission and no luck, any other suggestions you might have?

Thanks in Advance,

Julio C.

5. quactaur macrumors newbie

Try fixing permissions. It may be that the version of mail you have is incompatable with parts of your os which have been subsequently updated. Better to wait for someone more knowledgable/with the file on hand, but you might have more luck using pacifist with the latest 10.5.8 update (not the delta) and getting the mail.app from there.

6. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply,

I tried fixing permissions with no luck, what I did was, to download the 10.5.8 Combo Update and installed it on my machine, I checked the Mail App version before and it stated 3.0, and after the Combo Update, now states 3.6, so far Mail App hasn't crashed so hopefully that did the trick.

Thanks again for the help, I'll report back if still mail app is hanging or crashing.

Regards,

Julio Ciapara