Mail app - Disable Notifications for 1 of 2 Inboxes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Tilpots, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

I have my work email thru Exchange and my personal email thru gmail, both routed to my Universal Inbox on my iP4. I only want to be notified of my personal emails. Is there a way to disable the notifications for just my work emails?

Seems there's not an individual option I've found. I also thought of disabling Push on the work account, but it seems that's not individual either... Somebody got a way to do this? Thanks!

2. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

Searched and searched and I've found nothing on this. Anybody?

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

I don't believe that there is a way to do this. But you can get 3rd party apps that notify you of new email in various email accounts. You could just get one of those and use it for the account that you want to be notified about.

4. CSMchris376 macrumors regular

If you go into settings, and then mail, contacts, calendar, there is a selection for Fetch new Data. You can select that, and scrolling to the bottom, there is a section titled Advanced. From there, you can change settings for each of the accounts you have on the phone. You can turn push off for your work setting, and set whether or not you want your other mails set for the fetch schedule, push or manual.

Not sure if that is exactly what you want to do, but that is as much as I know. I do just the opposite of what you are looking for. I have my work account as push and two other personal accounts. I have them set for manual. If I do receive a work email and open the mail client, it will do a manual check at that time for my personal mails. See if that helps.

5. Tilpots thread starter macrumors 601

Tilpots

Ah-ha! That's what I'm looking for! Thanks a ton. I have gmail set to fetch and work's Exchange server to manual. Can't believe I didn't find this earlier. 'Preciate the help!:)

6. CSMchris376 macrumors regular