Mail.App Flash SWF in Signature

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fulgham, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Fulgham macrumors regular

Hey;

Is it possible to embed a swf into my signature? I got the banner hosted on my site... so I can put a relative link to it..

This is how my current signature displays:
    Code:
    ----
    Kris Fulgham
    CayCan Safety Consulting Ltd.
    www.CayCan.Ca

P. 877.216.1939 (x102)
    F. 877.216.1939
    C. 780.690.1618

This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are not the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.

<object width="469" height="60">
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.caycan.ca/Banners/Banner469x60.swf">
    <embed src="http://www.caycan.ca/Banners/Banner469x60.swf" width="469" height="60">
    </embed>
    </object>

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

I'd suggest against putting a flash movie in your mail signature. Not only will it annoy a lot of people but it will probably flag it as spam and be filtered by ISPs.

3. ihabime macrumors 6502

Oh god I hope not...

4. Fulgham thread starter macrumors regular

I would have assumed it would have been like linking to an outside image... and unless its from a trusted source then it would give the user the option of downloading?

5. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

What is your reason for needing a flash signature? Perhaps we could help you with an alternative that would not be so problematic.

6. Fulgham thread starter macrumors regular

Naw... we just got a new flash banner... figured I would add it to my sig... I can live without it (have so far!)

Thanks for your help though!

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

You could always take a static image of it (Screenshot) then embed that into your email signature. At least you'd have the company logo, etc looking pretty. Marketing goes a long way after all (as opposed to plain text).