Resolved Mail App (From Field)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thatoneguy82, Apr 17, 2014.

1. thatoneguy82, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014

thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

So, it took a long time for me to actually use and like the Mail app but now that I do it's been a great tool. I used to have to login on a website or have a pseudo-app that mimicked an app/webpage. Anyway, I have 3 accounts set in my Mail (2 Gmail, one actually by gmail and the other my domain with the gmail app installed on it; the other is my old dotmac/mobileme/etc account).

Here is my problem: Sometimes, when I write emails, in the field where it says it's FROM isn't the one I want which is the gmail-hosted email. Sometimes, it says my domain email or my @me email or other @me aliases. I have caught it at times, but sometimes I don't and some recipients either don't receive it or trash due to unknown sender.

Is there anyway to set the FROM field to always say a certain email address?

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I believe this is what you are looking for. This will work for new messages.

Mail>Preferences>Composing>Addressing: Send new messages from: (set the address you want to use).

Attached Files:

3. thatoneguy82 thread starter macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Ah! Great, thanks! Did not see that when I was going through settings. The default was set to whatever was highlighted at the time, makes sense. But anyway, thanks again!