Mail.app + Gmail IMAP... odd To-Do behavior?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mudbug, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Since the upgrade in mail.app included the ability to set to-do items by selecting text in an email and clicking the "to-do" creation button, I've been using that to make new to-do's for work sent by clients.

I've recently changed over my mail management duties from letting my domain host's email servers handle things to having a gmail domain management account take care of it, all via their IMAP settings so everything's hunky-dory between the desktop, the laptop, and the iPod touch.

Enter the issue - when I create a to-do item on the desktop, I frequently want to make a change to the title of the to-do item (I categorize them by client so I can tell what I have to do). When I do that, typically mail tries to synchronize the to-do with gmail, and it disappears. Why?

I'll admit I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to IMAP mail, but surely it shouldn't be removing the to-do entirely after I've created it... Anyone have a tip on how to make the to-do items stay local only on the desktop, and not sync with gmail? Some do, some don't, so it's not consistent. I can't figure out if there's a pattern to how it decides if the to-do is a server-based to-do item or a local to-do item. Help is appreciated. I'll pay twice what I usually pay people on the forums for a good answer. ;)

2. cbdavis4 macrumors newbie