Mail.app IMAP Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by uplusd, Apr 20, 2009.

1. uplusd macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a laptop an desktop both set to IMAP Gmail through Mail.app. However, my e-mails don't sync as read across the computers. For example, when I use the laptop all day to read e-mails and then come home to my desktop, everything is still shown as unread in my inbox.

Does anyone else have similar issues or know what to do about it?

Thanks

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

For me there's normally a delay of a few hours before it updates that stuff has been read. Regardless of machine that it's been read on.

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I haven't had a problem, but I try to log out of mail when not at home, and I don't have gmail/webmail going at the office once I return home. It may not perform as well with simultaneous connections, in other words.

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Has anybody else noticed that gmail is getting kind of iffy lately.. For me it's be unreliable the last couple of weeks.. I wonder if they are upgrading something.. Everytime I check my mail or go to do anything with gmail it will get stuck on still working.. Then 3 mins later it will finally finish what it is doing.. It has gotten worse, before it never used to say that and it worked fast...

James

5. uplusd thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup. Lately it's taken me a few minutes just to send an outgoing e-mail.