Mail.app in Lion vs Sparrow?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by reubs, Jul 19, 2011.

1. reubs macrumors 68000

I've noticed that the Sparrow deal at Living Techic (http://livingtechie.com/) expires today, and I was really hoping to try out Mail in Lion before buying Sparrow, especially since Mail is such an upgrade in Lion.

Anyone used both? Anyone have any thoughts you'd like to share about it?

2. nylon macrumors 6502a

nylon

I use Sparrow for Gmail only. The native Lion client does conversation view well but does not integrate the label functionality of Gmail, which I use extensively.

Sparrow integrates is the best Gmail client around in my opinion. I have not used it for other accounts. Others may wish to comment.

3. Hansr macrumors 6502a

I like 10.7 mail better because Sparrow just seems like it's a bit too abstract in hiding folders from you etc.

4. reubs thread starter macrumors 68000

I've done a lot of work with local folders, and I don't see any way that Sparrow can get to the folders I've created locally. I don't use Gmail's web interface, and I've really gotten away from using labels (I probably should be, though).

Thanks for the info; I may have to wait until Sparrow supports local mailboxes to make a full switch.

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I use Sparrow, haven't opened mail in 10.7, as Sparrow does everything I want it to do.

6. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Just downloaded Sparrow based on suggestion and I freaking love it. I got 5 Gmail accounts, soma re Google Apps for business and this is so much better than Mail 5.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I was wondering the same thing. I've been using Sparrow because I hate Mail in Snow Leopard. I guess I'll be using the new Mail and Sparrow side by side once I get Lion and make a decision..... I do like the exchange support feature in the new mail, that will allow me to set up hotmail exchange like on my iphone.