Mail.app in Tiger - Certificate Expired Error? Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by polycat33, Jun 17, 2008.

1. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Every time I open mail, an "unable to connect" window opens and I have to press continue in order for mail (in Tiger) to retrieve any of my mail (even from the addresses not related to that account). I finally decided to look into it, and I pressed the ? which told me to drag the certificate to the desktop and then add it to my keychain as "X.509 Anchors" which I did, but that didn't stop the problem. Looks like this has happened to other people too:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=166906&highlight=expired+certificate+mail

Except that was with gmail and it was only a temporary problem. My problem seems to be that the certificate really is expired (back in 2003) and I doubt that it's going to be at the top of anyones to-do list if I tell anyone about it. Is there any way to make this stop happening that actually works? I was thinking of something as basic as a script or something that hits "return" every time mail opens.

I'd just really like mail to start retrieving my mail as soon as it opens, instead of me having to wait until the error pops up, press enter, and then have it retrieve. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: It seems to also be happening to people in leopard, though I don't know if that's a separate problem, and no one has found a solution for that one either: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=375876&highlight=expired+certificate+mail

Attached Files:

2. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Come on people, someone has to have some suggestion!

3. polycat33 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't believe out of 75 views not one response. I feel invisible. :(