Mail app issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ukms, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

I use both a mac.com and an outlook.com email address for personal use. Both have contacts and calendars.

I've just bought a new MacBook Pro for personal use and have found the following

Stock mail app obviously handles my mac.com account and everything associated fine and allows me to add my outlook.com mail account however I cant add contacts or calendar from outlook.com (into the stock apps)

Outlook 2016 for Mac does the reverse, will handle everything from outlook.com but only mail from mac.com !

I don't have the same problem with my iOS devices, as the respective apps seem to handle everything

I don't mind whether I use Outlook 2016 or the stock mac apps but don't really want to use multiple mail, calendar apps for 2 simple personal accounts

Thoughts anyone ?

Thanks in advance

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Remove the Outlook.com account from everywhere and set it back up in System Preferences>Internet Accounts as an "Exchange" account.

Calendar works well. New contacts added to the Contacts app on the Mac will be a little odd but will sync eventually to the Outlook.com server.

3. ukms thread starter macrumors regular

ukms

Cheers for the reply .... I had already tried this but have tried again and it doesn't work. I've had a good dig around and apparantly all I can get is mail and notes to sync on a mac ? Although you obviously say otherwise. Outlook.com is definitely not an exchange account.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

That's possible. I thought that they had migrated all outlook.com email addresses over to the Exchange protocol by now (and that mine was one of the last). When you log in at the Outlook.com email web access, what does it say on the upper left (mine says "Outlook Mail").