Mail.app Issues - I'm sure someone has an answer!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by JCPH, Nov 11, 2007.

1. JCPH macrumors member

Hello Everybody,

My mail.app is currently giving me and my ipod touch a hard time. It reads:

Cannot Get Mail

No password provided for user "myemail@yahoo.com" on server "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com".

Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.

Okay, first of all, I can't even find the "Mail Account Settings" page. That page that was there the first time with mail.app (the one that said yahoo, AOL, Gmail, etc.) - is that problematic? How can I get this to work? I'm using cyberduck and openSSH to do all of this and I think all of the permissions are set correctly (to 755). It seems to allow me to send stuff (when I click on the button to compose mail), but it doesn't seem to want to allow me to receive e-mails. Upon later inspection, the e-mail I tried to send to myself doesn't seem to exist anywhere (I checked my e-mail inbox on my computer). I'm sure one of you guys knows what I'm doing wrong. My iPod wouldn't be half what it is without these forums, thanks.

Also, it keeps telling me I'm running out of space. I somehow doubt 10 applications and my few gigs of songs have consumed 16GB. I this just a buggy thing that happens with these hacks?

Thanks!

2. Kaspers macrumors regular

Kaspers

3. verbalist macrumors member

i do it it works fine also

did u add the mail settin folder to the prefrence bundel folder?

4. verbalist macrumors member

i have the same problem thats y i had to used the web based option

5. dagored macrumors 65816

In preferences, there is a mail preference now that you have jailbroken your pod. Set up your mail account in there. I have three and they all work fine. The setup is similar to the Macs.

6. verbalist macrumors member

what do i put to fill it in as far as mail servers for out going and out going this si for yahoo also do i pick imap or pop

there should be a walkthough cause i dont know alot of people who sucedded in this

7. dagored macrumors 65816

On my Mac, I looked at the gmail preferences on line to see what I needed to pick. See if yahoo has a help and setup section, gmail does. All the info is in there. Like I said, the settings on the Touch should be like the ones on your Mac. My comcast mail, the settings were in my Apple mail account. I just copied these and all worked fine. If you are on windows, you are on your own. Look in the mail preferences.

8. JCPH thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

I'm just using gmail for now. It seems that a lot of people are having problems with yahoo. Setting up the gmail mail.app acount was easy. All I had to do was change some preferences in my gmail settings (POP and forwarding options page). I can't wait until someone comes up with a fool proof mail.app walkthrough!