Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Hello

I have an Iphone 5 with ios 7.0.6 (jailbroken) and it was working fine until today. Now whenever i try to send a photo trough mail app it crashes. If i use safari it also crashes...even through imessage i cannot send a photo, it gives me an error. Dropbox also crashes when trying to upload photos.

I have other images (ones that aren't photos taken with the iphone) and I can access them normally, but whenever it's a photo it simply crashes...

Even icloud doesn't update since april 9th and whenever it tries to backup it says that "The last backup could not be completed"... I've tried a number of solutions but it still keeps crashing... I have the crash logs.

Thanks!

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
Hello

I have an Iphone 5 with ios 7.0.6 (jailbroken) and it was working fine until today. Now whenever i try to send a photo trough mail app it crashes. If i use safari it also crashes...even through imessage i cannot send a photo, it gives me an error. Dropbox also crashes when trying to upload photos.

I have other images (ones that aren't photos taken with the iphone) and I can access them normally, but whenever it's a photo it simply crashes...

Even icloud doesn't update since april 9th and whenever it tries to backup it says that "The last backup could not be completed"... I've tried a number of solutions but it still keeps crashing... I have the crash logs.

Thanks!

You can get more reliable responses if you'd mention the name of the tweaks you have installed.
The lasts resort before restore is using iLEXRat or Semi-Restore if the problem is not that severe reinitializing Cydia should fix it.

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
You can get more reliable responses if you'd mention the name of the tweaks you have installed.
The lasts resort before restore is using iLEXRat or Semi-Restore if the problem is not that severe reinitializing Cydia should fix it.

I uninstalled most of my tweaks, but here you have a list of what I have installed and two of the crash logs I have. If you need more I can get them.

crash logs: http://pastebin.com/URrwvwgP http://pastebin.com/ia8DAWCJ

tweaks: http://pastebin.com/xknCAdS2

Thanks. I tried almost any solution I found on the internet and it still gives me the same errors/crashes

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
I uninstalled most of my tweaks, but here you have a list of what I have installed and two of the crash logs I have. If you need more I can get them.

Thanks. I tried almost any solution I found on the internet and it still gives me the same errors/crashes

Sorry i don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot reading crash logs, maybe someone else can help with that but i can tell you that uninstalling leaves some traces behind, your best bet is giving Semi-Restore a shot (If you haven't yet) back up your iPhone first and try it since the issue cannot be overlooked you'll be lucky if it's only caused by a bad JB tweak, you won't lose the JB status with Semi-Restore so it's commonly safe to work with and super easy, install Open SSH first and fire it up.

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Sorry i don't have the knowledge to troubleshoot reading crash logs, maybe someone else can help with that but i can tell you that uninstalling leaves some traces behind, your best bet is giving Semi-Restore a shot (If you haven't yet) back up your iPhone first and try it since the issue cannot be overlooked you'll be lucky if it's only caused by a bad JB tweak, you won't lose the JB status with Semi-Restore so it's commonly safe to work with and super easy, install Open SSH first and fire it up.

Thanks. Is there any tutorial explaining how to do a semi-restore?

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
Well, i did a semi-restore with ilexrat, and everything started working.
As soon as I install something with cydia (no matter what it is) it keeps crashing the mail app and imessage doesnt sends photos...

I dont know what else to do...

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
As soon as I install something with cydia (no matter what it is) it keeps crashing the mail app and imessage doesnt sends photos...

do you remember what you may have installed before you noticed the problem started occuring?

I notice in your pastebin list, there was a package from a repo related to piracy. so it may have been possible that you installed a package that modified system files

do these packages you install from cydia depend on cydiasubstrate right after doing the semi-restore?

does the crashing problem happen even in safe mode?

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
do you remember what you may have installed before you noticed the problem started occuring?

I notice in your pastebin list, there was a package from a repo related to piracy. so it may have been possible that you installed a package that modified system files

do these packages you install from cydia depend on cydiasubstrate right after doing the semi-restore?

does the crashing problem happen even in safe mode?

Yeah, i uninstalled anything remoted to piracy...
The only thing i remember installing pior to this was the Auxo 2 tweak, a pirated version just to try it out.

Yes. I tried installing CCTogles and it instakked cydiasubstrate with it.

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California

I'm guessing you restored from back up before using Cydia? Try to avoid restoring from back after reinitializing Cydia, save photos from the web and try to send them by mail or iMessage, and let us know if the crash still happens.

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
I'm guessing you restored from back up before using Cydia? Try to avoid restoring from back after reinitializing Cydia, save photos from the web and try to send them by mail or iMessage, and let us know if the crash still happens.

I dont know if i got your question right.

I have 2 backups. One, which I made today before I used ilex-RAT and used in the restore I made today. And the other one the last one that iCloud managed to do before it began giving an error when it tried to backup everynight. From april 9th.

Do you want me to do a ilex-RAT restore with the one from the icloud?

Sorry and thanks for the help

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, i uninstalled anything remoted to piracy...
The only thing i remember installing pior to this was the Auxo 2 tweak, a pirated version just to try it out.

Yes. I tried installing CCTogles and it instakked cydiasubstrate with it.

After you do a semi-restore, are you restoring to a backup?

If yes, don't do that

If not, try doing a semi-restore. After the semi-restore, install ONLY cydia substrate and see if the problem is still there

If the problem isn't there, give installing activator a try. Report back if the problem still exists ONLY with activator installed (assuming you got past installing only cydia substrate)

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany

The crash report leads to a task called unflod.dylib which seems to be malware.
It is supposed to come with pirated tweaks and needs to be removed manually.
Don't know if it will fix your current problem but should be removed anyway.
Check reddit.com r/jailbreak section for more information.

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
After you do a semi-restore, are you restoring to a backup?

If yes, don't do that

If not, try doing a semi-restore. After the semi-restore, install ONLY cydia substrate and see if the problem is still there

If the problem isn't there, give installing activator a try. Report back if the problem still exists ONLY with activator installed (assuming you got past installing only cydia substrate)

Well, i did a clean restore with ilex-RAT and the minute I installed Cydia Substrate the problems started again.

Going to try and do a semi-restore through windows xp that i have on a virtual machine

zenebu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 17, 2014
The crash report leads to a task called unflod.dylib which seems to be malware.
It is supposed to come with pirated tweaks and needs to be removed manually.
Don't know if it will fix your current problem but should be removed anyway.
Check reddit.com r/jailbreak section for more information.

How can I remove it manually? Just remove the unflod.dylib file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.