Mail app mixing up emails

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisandersen, Jan 30, 2012.

1. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

I have one account on my laptop running Lion that just started "mixing up" the emails. When I highlight the email on the left panel, another one shows up in the detail window on the right.
    It is only one email account on that mac that is doing it. When I check the same account on my iPhone or iPad, it is fine. When I check on-line, it is fine. So it must be the way it is stored on my mac. Is there a way to "reset" or "re-index" the mail file? Thanks in advance.

2. abuzyniski macrumors newbie

Apple email mixed up!!

I am having the SAME issue. On by iMac desk top email shows subject line but the right pane shows messages that are MONTHS old. The email appears correctly on iPhone and iPad but not on the desktop. What gives?

Anyone find a solution??????????

3. Bear macrumors G3

I'm not sure if this will fix your issues, but there are two simple things to try.

In Mail (of course)
    The first if it is available, is in Mail, select from the menu bar, Mailbox -> Synchronize -> email_account_with_issue

After that is done, (or if it is not an option for that account), have the mail folder with the display issue selected and select from the menu bar Mailbox -> Rebuild