Mail app not getting mail but sending mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by rema, Apr 17, 2007.

1. rema macrumors regular

hey every ones i did do a search and found lots of info but i didnt find a specif answer to my issues, basically i recently built a website its online and working fine, i set up mail app and i can send emails from it fine but it never gets mail and has always said my mailbox is empty even thou i know its not, ive tried sending mail to myself and it says its sent but does not appear so i have to go through cpanel which is long process :(

any help, suggestions would be great

cheers rema

2. rema thread starter macrumors regular

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

The first thing I'd check is your incoming server settings. Make sure the protocol, port, and other stuff is correct. If that looks okay, perhaps your service uses a custom port to get mail, which your ISP is blocking :(
    Sometimes, there are ways around this, if that's the case. Other times, there's not much you can do. Check the documentation for your mail setup.

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

For starters... are you trying to send mails to yourself from the outside from an external source like hotmail/gmail or are you just trying to send them to yourself from your own SMTP account?

5. rema thread starter macrumors regular

i managed to get it to work now thanks for you help, i was using the wrong user name theres a special just found in my cpanel mail info,

thanks again:) :) :D