Mail app on my PB stopped working after I activated my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by UKLawTalkingGuy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. UKLawTalkingGuy macrumors newbie

I have a G4 PB running 10.4.11

I use the Mac mail app and have two IMAP accounts that I pruned right down prior to getting my iPhone. Neither account has more than 150 messages in total.

Since activating my iPhone, when I open Mail (on my Powerbook), it tries to sync one of the accounts and then within 30 seconds, will crash. If I click reopen, the same happens.

It last worked before I activated my iPhone and stopped working the first time I fired it up post activation. It might be a mighty coincidence but I think its related.

Anyone else suffer this fate?

Any suggestions as to how to solve it?

I can check both accounts using the webmail interface provided by my domain name provider (1and1.co.uk) so I know that the accounts are active and working.

2. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Perhaps it's just me and the lateness of the hour, but it's not clear to me which email client is causing problems?

I think you are saying that it is the mail application on your laptop. If so, could it be that when you performed a synch with the iPhone, settings were altered on the laptop?

It's difficult to know what this problem is, but I would start by going through and checking each and every setting to make sure it is correct.

Incidentally, I also use 1and1.co.uk and find them excellent.

3. UKLawTalkingGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

Should have been clearer, its the Mail app on my PB.

I have managed to delete both accounts and then re-enter all the data and mail will work. When I try and open it again, it crashes.

4. matthewHUB macrumors 6502

mail's been playing up for me since i upgraded to leopard. had iphone for 3 months.

messages i deleted appear in my inbox again as read messages, so it's not a question of it re-downlaoding them.

plus it's just acting weird.

5. SRSound macrumors 6502

Mail has been acting weird for me lately (Tiger 10.4.11) on only one of my 3 gmail IMAP accounts. Sometimes the box just goes grey (as if there was no internet available) while the others stay perfectly active. Weird...