Mail app opening but not showing window

Vazza

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
London, UK
I’m trying to set up Mail to work on the account of a relative on the family iMac but have encountered an issue I can’t seem to find any solution for after googling it so hoping someone here may have a fix.

I’ve set up their Gmail account details under Internet Accounts in System Preferences.

When Mail is opened from the dock, the icon bounces and it appears to open but no window appears. Though the mail app is open, everything is greyed out in the app bar at the top. I’ve tried also opening the Mail app directly from the Applications folder with no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

n-evo

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
Does the same issue occur when you create a new user and set up the mail account there?

Edit: Come to think of it, I had this issue once or twice as well. I think I fixed by simply going to Window > Message Viewer in the menu bar.

Attachments

Vazza

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 25, 2006
London, UK
Does the same issue occur when you create a new user and set up the mail account there?

Edit: Come to think of it, I had this issue once or twice as well. I think I fixed by simply going to Window > Message Viewer in the menu bar.
Thanks I’ll give it a go later this weekend and see.