Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmy83

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Say you have your mail to display 25 messages, when open mail can you select all 25 messages and delete all?

Also ive got my mail linked to my hotmail and gmail account, when I delete messages from the mail app and then check my mail at home on a pc the deleted messages are still shown-is it possiable to have the deleted messages to be deleted from both the mail app and hotmail/gmail when viewed on your pc?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Yes to the first question.

As far as hotmail goes (I assume gmail works the same), it doesn't have the same support as for example Yahoo Mail, which does delete the messages off the server when you delete from the iphone. So, if you delete off the iphone for hotmail, they will still be there in hotmail itself.

BaldiMac

macrumors G3
Jan 24, 2008
If you set up Gmail to use IMAP, it will synchronize across your computers and devices.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
You have to "check off" each one individually then delete them as a group or do them one at a time. There is no way I am aware of to "SELECT ALL" with one command then delete all. It's a P.I.T.A.

Say you have your mail to display 25 messages, when open mail can you select all 25 messages and delete all?

Also ive got my mail linked to my hotmail and gmail account, when I delete messages from the mail app and then check my mail at home on a pc the deleted messages are still shown-is it possiable to have the deleted messages to be deleted from both the mail app and hotmail/gmail when viewed on your pc?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.