Mail app randomly marks some Gmail as read?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iphnhelp, Jan 7, 2013.

1. iphnhelp macrumors regular

Anyone experience this? I use gmail with ActiveSync (google apps account). Random emails come in- the phone vibrates. But no new message. Check the mail app or gmail on the web and there is a new message that just came in seconds ago- but it's been read.

Of course there are no filters or anything that are set on my inbox. And this only happens with some messages- and it's inconsistent, not the same senders, etc.

Interesting- I switched to the Gmail app for a couple weeks and turned off the account in Mail on my iPhone and iPad. During that time: no messages marked as read.

Just today I stopped using Gmail app and turned back on the account in Mail- the problem starts again.

Anyone have similar experiences?

2. NedBookPro macrumors 6502

Nothing surprises me with the flaky mail app any more.

These things worked on iOS5 but stopped working on iOS6 upgrade.

Desperately waiting for:
    - the swoosh sound before smtp negotiation bug to be fixed.
    - Exchange Server failed send on wi-fi (but works on 3g) bug to be fixed.

I'm honest when I say I am never confident anymore that mail on my Exchange Server account gets sent. I always have to switch off wi-fi before I reply to a message.

Strangely apple are very silent on these. I can't get a response from them. I've actually given up trying.

Maybe apple think that mail as a productivity app isn't a priority, and that angry birds is.

3. pluskid macrumors newbie

4. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Known gmail bug that they even published about