Mail app. recieving but not sending mail, new ISP

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shortyleanne, Dec 12, 2008.

1. shortyleanne macrumors newbie

Hi, I'll explain the situ. A couple of hours ago our Broadband changed from tiscali to sky. So in the process of this, I knew I'd have to use a sky e-mail account to replace my tiscali email account. So I set up my new sky account, and then set it up in mail through POP3. At this point I couldnt recieve or send mail. I deleted my tiscali account AND it's SMTP server. And from this point onwards I cannot send ANY msgs, whether through my googlemail account, my own domain account or my sky account - through mail. But am recieveing everything perfectly fine.

Helllllp please!:confused::confused:

Edit: Just to add, I am not very good with techinal terms, so simple speak needed ;)

2. rat tat tat macrumors newbie

3. shortyleanne thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done that already.
    I hae set up plenty of accounts in mail before, but for some reason this one, with the sky smtp server isnt working :confused: :(

I should add that the smtp.tools.sky.com server doesnt even alway appear in the drop down menu you get when selecting the outgoing mail server to use. I don't know why ALL my details are exactly how they should be according to the sites/how I've set accounts up before.

Thanks for your help, WILL try adding the account again though.

4. shortyleanne thread starter macrumors newbie