Mail.app RSS - Doesn't update, disappears!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cybereal, Oct 27, 2007.

1. cybereal macrumors newbie

I've had this strange issue going on for a while now. I setup a number of RSS feeds into Mail.app. They all refreshed the first time and I kinda like the interface.

However, I noticed that they do not sync between my two macs. Also, I noticed that each time .Mac sync runs, it removes the list of RSS feeds from Mail.app until I restart Mail.app.

Even when they aren't disappearing, they never update.

So basically they are a complete failure. Has anyone got these working as expected? I will say that one of my feeds did update, one time. So something is inconsistent here.

2. rmurphy07 macrumors newbie

me too!

I am also having problems with the RSS manager in mail. Even when I click on Mailbox > Get new mail > RSS it does nothing. But if I click an individual feed and click update, it will download several new entries for that feed. I have to manually click on each feed, regardless of the 30 minute refresh that I set up in the preferences. It would be amazing if this worked. I have everything else configured the way I want; only the RSS fails to update on its own. Any ideas?

3. e.m. macrumors 6502

It sounds like the RSS feature of Leopard Mail is a little buggy. Hopefully they'll fix that with the coming update.

What I'm wondering is if the below is a feature (or lack thereof), or a bug?

Has anyone had any success with syncing their RSS in Mail through .Mac?

4. Pikkuroope macrumors member

RSS on Mail is still buggy on Snow Leopard too. It does not refresh the feeds when tried to do manually, but it still gets new news when it, after a while, automatically refreshes the feeds.. No use trying those manually refresh buttons..