Mail.app sending emails and viewing in Outlook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benderbends, Sep 28, 2009.

1. benderbends macrumors newbie

I want to use Mail.app on my macbook pro because its a zillion times faster then Entourage...but im running into difficulty in getting MS (outlook or Live Mail) users to be able to view properly.

If I send in Plain-Text formatting, then the message appears normal, and attachments are fine.

If I send in Rich-Text formatting, then all hell breaks loose. Attachments can not be saved or appear super small. The email body contents appear doubled.

So...I have tried adjusted settings, and still having problems. I need to send Rich-Text as we often have things to color, underline, etc. But we also have tons of attachments that need to appear as normal.

I have managed to do fairly well by making encoding: Trad Chinese (Big5), and making formatting Rich-Text, and using a standard Arial font, and sending windows friendly attachments. But the message contents is still appearing doubled.

Any ideas?

btw.. OSX 10.6.1, Mail 4.1

2. mdutoit macrumors newbie

Similar problems

Hi, I have similar problems.

I find that emails I compose in Mail (Rich Text), looks perfectly in Mail (font for example Arial etc.), but when I view that same email in Outlook on my office Desktop, the font is suddenly Times New Roman. This after I've made sure of the font before sending.

That same email looks find in MS Entourage.

Anyone have any idea how to get past problem?

(OSX 10.6.1)

3. benderbends thread starter macrumors newbie

hi mdutoit....your issue is more of a incoming font setting. In outlook the user should be able to change the setting for incoming emails to show as original font, or to show as a specific font specified by user. Make sure they have original font selected. You can do the same thing in Mail and thunderbird, etc depending on how you want to view your emails.

my issue is more of a compatibility problem that im hoping someone can resolve.

4. mdutoit macrumors newbie

You are right - thanks for clearing that up. Good luck with your problem.