Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSTKVC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
I have a Gmail account on my iPhone and iPad, and it always shows 3 unread message when there are actually no unread messages in any of its folders. The notification comes and goes, and it has occurred on multiple devices and iOS versions. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thank you!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Have you checked on the web version of Gmail to make sure there are no unread messages? (And perhaps made sure to select all and mark them as read, if that might possible?)

JSTKVC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2018
I have a Gmail account on my iPhone and iPad, and it always shows 3 unread message when there are actually no unread messages in any of its folders. The notification comes and goes, and it has occurred on multiple devices and iOS versions. Any assistance is much appreciated. Thank you!

I have opened Gmail on Safari on my Mac and ensured that I had absolutely no unread messages in any folder; however, the Mail app still shows 3 unread messages. When you go in and view only Unread, there are no unread messages. I have had the same issue since iOS 10 and on multiple devices. Unfortunately, it is occurring on my primary Gmail account. Perhaps it's a Gmail issue?

IMG_0013.PNG IMG_0014.jpg

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Download the Gmail app and see if that will mark them as read. It may take care of it for you.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
I've had this problem in the past and force quitting the mail app and restarting fixed it for me. Don't know if you tried that but..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.