Mail app sometimes just appears on desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NordmoleX, Aug 8, 2017.

1. NordmoleX macrumors member

NordmoleX

Something strange going on I think with my Mac. Although according to Malwarebytes and Etrecheck, there is nothing wrong with my Mac, sometimes the Mail app (which I have always running in the background but minimized) will show up on the desktop, as if I would have opened it from the dock (where it was minimized), but i didnt.

What is that ? I dont think I am pressing any kind of key combination that would do that. There is no pattern to it, it just happens random. Maybe 2 or 3 times a day, sometimes not at all. Anyone an idea what that could be ?

And thats the only thing that happens, there are no other "strange" things happening here, just that. Someone else had that once before ?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

You system log would probably pinpoint the cause.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

When you say 'appear on the desktop' - Do you mean the app window appears, and not that the Mail icon appear on the Desktop?

4. NordmoleX thread starter macrumors member

NordmoleX

I mean that the app window appears out of a sudden. Only happens with Mail app once in a while. Not reproducable. The app itself is always running but minimized into the dock. If I get new mail I click the icon on the dock so that it opens and I can see the mail. But with me, it sometimes seems to open the app on its own.

Do I have a problem ? And why does it only happen with the mail app ?

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Again, viewing your system log may show what is occurring ("Console" app).

6. NordmoleX thread starter macrumors member

NordmoleX

I am kinda new to MacOS. Is there a way to view Logs a little easier, other than with Console ? Yeah, I know, lazy ex-Windows user :) but still, I wonder if there isnt a way to make finding/viewing logs a little better overlookable, with the help of an UI of sorts for that.

Please dont bash me for asking that. ;) Thanks.