To-Do's not syncing with MobileMe

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MiataMac, Dec 17, 2008.

1. MiataMac macrumors member

Nov 24, 2008
    I'm not sure to explain this, I only just figured out why etc. myself. But I'll try.

In iCal's left column I have:

* Private
    * Work

* Work

When in iCal, I can only create events in the "CALENDARS", because, according to iCal, the "MOBILEME: Work" is a calendar created for to-do's within Mail and I cannot add event to it.

So I figure, in, I'll just add my to-do's to the "CALENDARS: Work"-calendar, but no I can't ... the only option I have is the "MOBILEME: Work"-calendar, like in this image where the option is "Home", from Apple's website:

It seems to be because the e-mail to which I'm attaching a To-Do is received on my MobileMe account, as I use for all my e-mail (I have several Mac's and an iPhone).

If I use a POP3 account, I can select any of the "CALENDARS"-calendars, but not the calendars within the MOBILEME category.

So basically I'm screwed here. I use MobileMe for all my mail as I reply to mail from lots of places, but because of that, I cannot use To-Do lists properly. It's sooo easy to just highlight a text from an e-mail and click "To-Do button" and that's pretty much it. The only alternative is to create a manually To-Do but I don't know if you can link to the e-mail that way, etc.

What to do here?

Edit: I guess if I could just tell to use my local calenders for to-do's, then they would automatically be synced with MobileMe just like my events in those same calendars. But maybe that's not possible?
  2. Weaselboy Moderator

Staff Member

Jan 23, 2005
    I have the same complaint/issue as you, and have not found a good solution. It appears that MobileMe todos cannot be made to appear in the web based calendar. This plus the lack of todo syc for iPhone are a major hole in the use of the iPhone/MobileMe package for any kind of serious business use.
  3. MiataMac thread starter macrumors member

Nov 24, 2008
    Ok, at least I'm not the only one :)

Well, I have just accepted that I mostly use my MacBook Pro for work, so the to-do's I create from MobileMe mails received at the MBP will only be accessible from the same MBP where I perform most of the actual work, so it's not a complete dealbreaker (but close!).

It's odd though, to-do's created from a MobileMe mail can ONLY be in the MOBILEME-calendars and to-do's and notes I created manually within can ONLY be used in the iCal calendars (that are MobileMe syncable).

I cross my fingers that they will have optimized this workflow in Snow Leopard, or that Santa Claus will deliver a recipe to me on how to efficiently apply GTD stuff to the current tools available.

I wouldn't wanna do without my MobileMe mail, it's just so great that I can read and reply to both personal and private mails wherever I am and don't have to consider "didn't I read this already?" when using POP3 etc.