Mail.app - Where is the Mailbox>Inbox file to remove from Spotlight?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sallythemac, Jun 16, 2008.

1. sallythemac Guest

Hi there.

I use Mail.app with my GMail account. My problem is that when i search in Mail.app, duplicate results come up from the Inbox folder, the All Mail folder, and possibly a label folder. I have moved all bar the All Mail .mbox to the System Preferences>Spotlight>Privacy. In theory, the All Mail box should have all my sent and received e-ails in it and should be all i need in Spotlight. But when i search, results from the Mailboxes>Inbox are being included (see screenshot attached for clarification). I have searched but cannot find the correct .mbox file i am after. Any help?

Thanks.

P.s. Sorry if this has already been submitted, but Google found nothing for me.

Attached Files:

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There isn't one. Every single mail item is a separate file. Spotlight can only index files once, so to get spotlight to work with mail it has to be this way...

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

In looking at your mailbox listing, it appears you might benefit from this information, although it doesn't specifically address the Spotlight issue:

http://5thirtyone.com/archives/862

4. sallythemac thread starter Guest

5. sallythemac thread starter Guest