Mail.app will no longer retrieve mail! Gmail account.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheSpaz, Nov 24, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I'm using gmail and Mail.app for email. Mail.app used to work fine... it could send an receive mail with no problems. Just today I tried emailing myself something and although it shows up on my iPod touch and it shows in Safari but, when I click "Get Mail" in Mail.app, nothing happens. I tried the following:

Resetting up my gmail account settings
    Removing preferences
    Grabbing a backup of Mail.app with Time Machine.

Nothing is working! I do not get any errors about passwords or couldn't get mail because of such and such... nothing. It just looks for mail and stops as if I have no new Mail. Mail used to work for me and I've done nothing to Mail to make it stop working but, it just doesn't get any new mail now and it's bugging me. My iPod can get my mail but, Mail.app cannot?

I'm using Leopard by the way.

2. hsadear macrumors member

hsadear

i use gmail and mail too. this happened to me about two days ago although it came up with an error message. i can't remember what it said.

i played around with the account information and i checked the 'use only this server' box and it seems to be working now. i also retyped the pop.gmail.com
    both sending and receiving work now

hope this helps

3. TheSpaz thread starter macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I can send mail, I just can't receive it. I just tried your tips and those didn't work either. I just noticed that this is happening on my iPod as well... can't receive mail.

4. paulbaker macrumors regular

Yep. This also happened to me.. before I upgraded to Leopard too

I think that GMail has some bugs... I would have new mail, and neither Mail not Entourage would retrieve it.

Everyone loves Google, but I have a AdWords account and every other account that Google has, and I see them becoming the next Microsoft...