Mail app with push notifications? (For Gmail)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Rhyno37, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Rhyno37 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I'm wondering what your favorite app is for mail (specifically Gmail) that has push notifications. I use a gmail for personal, and another gmail for school. The default mail app doesn't have push notifications and doesn't refresh/fetch data for gmail. Had the gmail app, by push notifications stopped showing up.

What do you guys suggest? Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The gmail app itself pushes extremely well for me on my 4S running iOS 7. Yours doesn't work that way?

3. Rhyno37 thread starter macrumors regular

It did for sometime, and then it only pushed for my school account, not my primary personal.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It should be pushing. it's not that the Gmail app doesn't do it for random accounts.

Jailbreakers can use "Push for Gmail" to get their Gmail accounts (in iOS Mail) to fetch automatically when an email arrives for that account the in Gmail account. I'll be using that when I get a new iPhone and my ActiveSync breaks.

5. Tmlfan3 macrumors regular

I use Mailbox for my gmail accounts and have loved it from the start.

6. bobright macrumors 601

Is this safe to use? So basically it works normally as it did in iOS6 do we use Microsoft exchange to set it up? It's really weird because push works on my iPhone 5 using Microsoft exchange but on my iPad Air exchange doesn't work for me.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There's a Cydia web page for the tweak. I assume it works in the background by fetching your IMAP Gmail in the native Mail app when a Gmail app mail account gets a push.