Mail App Won't Open (10.5.2)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pammyspyce, May 21, 2008.

1. pammyspyce macrumors regular

pammyspyce

I am having a problem with the mail app in Leopard (10.5.2). I open the app when I first turn the computer on and it opens fine. The mail screen comes up and I can read mails, respond to mails, etc. I either hide the app when I'm done or press the red circle. Mail is still open on my dock. The light under the app is there and so is the red circle with how many unread mails I have. But after that initial opening of mail I cannot get the mail screen to come back up regardless of what I do. I can force quit mail and relaunch it. All that happens is the the dock icon gets the light again and my red circle comes back but the screen will not come back until I restart the computer. This gets really old, really fast. Anybody else have this issue? How do I fix it?

2. burtonlang macrumors newbie

I would think that clicking on the Dock icon would open it (mine does). However, I'm in Tiger, not Leopard. But one possible solution would be to go to the Window menu and hit "Message Viewer".

Hope this helps,
    burtonlang

3. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Are you using Spaces?

If you right click on the Mail icon in the Dock, does the top option say Inbox (XX Messages)?

-Kevin