Mail app

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by Badrottie, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Search thread is confusing me so I am going to post this. I have a problem with El Capitan Mail app. When I delete many messages, Mail crashed. I reopen it again and start over deleting it crashed again. I don't know if everyone have any problem with Mail app?

Thank you

2. Rodan52 macrumors regular

Rodan52

Not meaning to be trite but I have had nothing but problems with Mail over the years which is why I abandoned it completely back in Mavericks and started using AirMail. See here; http://airmailapp.com
    I have never had a problem with this app running 6 email accounts 5 IMAP and 1 POP from gmail, ymail, hotmail and iCloud. Now if I could just convince my wife to change over I would save a lot of time fixing hers. :)

3. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Likewise. Mail was crashing constantly, not getting mail, not deleting mail, not even connecting to mail servers. I finally had enough and went back to Outlook, which is performing flawlessly.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Well, if you can't be talked into switching and would like to use Mail and have it work the way it's supposed to, like it does for a lot of people, then you probably need to post a few more details.

What OS version you're on, who's hosting your email and what type of account it is are good for a start.

5. chillg8r macrumors regular

chillg8r

I too have had several problems since upgrading my OS to 10.11.1 on my Macbook Air Mid 2012. It freezes at least twice a day, usually when I am adding an attachment. It also will pull email but while the header will show the email will be blank. I have to simply reboot mail and everything is fine. The problem is that I am rebooting mail at least 5 or 6 times per day. I have two gmail accounts and one outlook account (live).

Thoughts anyone?