Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Is anyone else having problems with the default Mac Mail app? I decided to delete Cloudmagic & try to new Mail app because of all the new features. It looks great and is fast, but I have noticed some issues.

The slide on my trackpad to delete feature doesn't work, it starts to slide with a little red showing and then freezes.

Hotmail/Outlook accounts freeze and keep trying to connect, had to delete the account for the time being.

Notifications, when you hit the trash button on the notification, it will not delete the email. It stays in your inbox marked as read.

nick19

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2014
London, UK
Mail working fine (including slide to delete) on my late 2012 rMBP. I have iCloud, Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo accounts all connecting without any issues. macOS Sierra was installed on a separate partition over a copy of Yosemite so was expecting I might encounter a few issues, but so far none.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
We're you using mail before you upgraded to Sierra. I was using Cloudmgaic prior and just started the mail app as new.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Yea I wasn't using Mail. It worked before in El Capitan, but I usually switch Mail apps and I'll delete the data in the Mac Mail app. So that could be why I'm having the issue or bug.

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
Is anyone else having problems with the default Mac Mail app? I decided to delete Cloudmagic & try to new Mail app because of all the new features. It looks great and is fast, but I have noticed some issues.

The slide on my trackpad to delete feature doesn't work, it starts to slide with a little red showing and then freezes.

Hotmail/Outlook accounts freeze and keep trying to connect, had to delete the account for the time being.

Notifications, when you hit the trash button on the notification, it will not delete the email. It stays in your inbox marked as read.

Just with my company Exchange account. Everything else seems fine.

dotnet

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Mail is working mostly fine. The only issue I found (and reported) is that sent emails remain in the Drafts folder and have to be manually deleted from there. This seems unrelated to the type of mail account, it happens with IMAP, POP and iCloud accounts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.