Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 6, 2009
Have a new iMac (last years) with 10.5 on it. My email worked normal before I transferred Applications, files & etc from my old G4 with 10.4.
Now I can only get to my email through through my Earthlink home page by logging in & etc. (a real pain just to check my email!)
If I try to use the email icon on the iMac dock I get the email line at the top of the screen , but email page does not open. I have to go to menu and click on "In" and the page opens up but does not download any email. Will not send from this location either. When I try to quit email it will not close. I have to force quit it.
Earthlink said to trash their "Total Access" as it won't work with 10.5. So when the iMac was working ok before the transfer of files I must have been using Apples Mail application. How do I get it working again? I looked all over Mail Help and Apple help and nothing seems to work. Safari works ok.
:(

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
It may be a preference conflict from the transfer. Try deleting the Mail preference file ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.mail.plist then try starting up Mail. Note though, that you will have to re-setup your accounts after this. You can copy the preference file to another location as well if you don't want to lose it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.