Mail application - only one POP account ???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by igmolinav, Oct 14, 2008.

1. igmolinav macrumors 65816

Hi guys (and gals),

In the three years that I have had my ibook is the first time that I use the mail application. Due to the fact that we bought a "family-pack" of mobile me is that I have started using it.

I have "set-up" googlemail as my POP account of choice. However, I wonder if I could also add my "yahoo.de" and "hotmail.com" accounts to the mail application.

The problem arose when I chose again to set up another POP account and I was not allowed to do that.

I wonder what I could do to set up my "yahoo.de" and "hotmail.com" accounts into the mail application ??

In advance, thank you very much,

igmolinav.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Mail will allow you to create and use as many POP accounts as you want. However, that is not your problem. Your problem is that you are trying to setup free Yahoo and Hotmail accounts in Mail. Free Yahoo accounts are webmail-only. The same is true of Hotmail unless you use Microsoft software such as Entourage, Microsoft's paid communications client for MacOS X.

Get yourself a Gmail account. It is free. You may use Mail or any other email client to access your account via POP3 or IMAP.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

you can go to gmx.com and have it grab yahoo/hotmail and forward to any email address. it's basically a site where you can have it take email from accounts and distribute it over other accounts. any service (yahoo, gmail, hotmail, live mail, aol mail, etc) works.

4. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi Misterme,

Thank you for your post : ) !!!

Yes gmail is cool and it is actually one of the accounts that I have. But I wonder if there is something I could do with my yahoo account and with my hotmail account. From what you say, it seems to me that there is not much I could do because both yahoo and hotmail are web-mail accounts only, isn't ??

However, Is it possible to do POP3 or IMAP for the yahoo and/or hotmail accounts ?? If so, how do I go about it ??

Thank you very much for all your help, kind regards,

igmolinav

5. igmolinav thread starter macrumors 65816

Hi Snow Leopard,

But would it be possible to compose an e-mail from the mail application and have it sent with the yahoo or hotmail address, or I would only be able to receive forwarded e-mails ??

Basically, it would be awesome to be able "to operate" all my e-mail accounts from one point.

Thank you very much,

igmolinav