Mail application problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mootsie, Feb 28, 2011.

1. mootsie macrumors newbie

When I send an email to a number of recipients from my address book I attempt to place them in the BCC space by selecting the individuals I would like to send to and then tagging the BCC button. The problem I'm having is that some of the names end up in both the recipient and BCC spaces and some are in duplicate in both and some are not. This causes me to check the names over and over and delete the ones duplicated in the recipient space and then manually move the ones which are not into the BCC area. What would be causing the program to act in such a manner? I like to keep my recipient' email address' private as one would your credit card #'s or any other personal item. I know I do not appreciate my email address being available for the world to see...but the crux of the issue is how the address' are distributed in my outgoing emails...OSX 10.6.6 desktop imac.

Thank You,
    Charlie

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

When you change from one designation, such at "To", to another, such as "CC", are you starting fresh with your selections? If you don't take your finger off the Command key, the previous names will remain highlighted. This is system-wide behavior.