mail application quick keys

lepperm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2011
Just received my 2011 MBP 15" 8GB RAM and 128SSD today, fairly easy conversion. The only thing that I am having trouble with is the quick key for full-screen in the mail application. Any help is greatly appreciated

satcomer

macrumors 603
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Just received my 2011 MBP 15" 8GB RAM and 128SSD today, fairly easy conversion. The only thing that I am having trouble with is the quick key for full-screen in the mail application. Any help is greatly appreciated
Full screen Mail will not happen until 10.7 (Lion) is released. Until then you Windows Switchers can use a free application like RightZoom. Just release you HAVE TO remove all interface plugins before upgrading to 10.7.

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
If you mean maximise as opposed to fullscreen (maximise doesn't hide the Dock or menubar, it's as 'full screen' as Mail gets at the moment), you can add a keyboard shortcut for Zoom which will work in pretty much every app; using the Keyboard preference pane.

I've added a Ctrl-Cmd-Z shortcut for "Zoom", very handy.